CyIsomorphism is a Cytoscape app that provides all the matchings from a subgraph of Network 1 to Network 2 satisfying the isomorphism property. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subgraph_isomorphism_problem Subgraph_isomorphism_problem]
If Network 1 has subgraph(s) that are isomorphic to Network 2, Results Panel shows all the isomorphic mappings. CyIsomorphism currently works on undirected networks only i.e. assumes that all the edges are undirected. An intelligent way of using this algorithm to work for directed networks is to label the edges with direction and use it.
Note: CyIsomorphism runs VF2 algorithm and does not support graphs with multiple edges.
1. Go to Apps -> CyIsomorphism <version>
2. Select the network 1 and network 2 from the drop down menu
3. (optional) Set vertex and edge labels i.e. node label and edge label
4. Run the algorithm by pressing the button
5. If the networks are Isomorphic, results panel of CyIsomorphism shows mappings of nodes from network 1 to network 2. Selection of nodes from the table shows the corresponding nodes in the graphs.
6. Results panel also shows the total number of possible mappings