Ever needed to publish some sample network files while keeping the data confidential? Now you can! Obfuscator is a simple utility tool that replaces names of nodes in one or multiple networks with random names. When more than one networks are selected, nodes with identical names in different networks will be given the same new random name so that node correspondences across networks are conserved. There is also the option to remove the original network name.
The aim of Obfuscator is for users to be able to export networks (with or without graphics) without any trace of the original node names being left in the resulting files. To achieve this, Obfuscator does the following:
1. Replaces node names with random names.
2. Clear out names of edges.
3. Clear out any node/edge label bypass value.
**To use, simply select one or more networks using Ctrl+click then select 'Apps-> Obfuscate Selected Networks'.**
Feedbacks and feature requests are welcome!
New features in ver. 2.0:
* obfuscate only selected nodes (if selecting from table, don't forget to right-click and choose "Select nodes from selected rows")
* option to remove all node/edge attributes
* add prefix to new node names
* case sensitivity/insensitivity when matching node names
New features in ver. 2.1:
* edge names show the interactors and the interaction property
* remove entries in node/edge table that aren't actually in the network.
* clear out hidden tables