We present FluxViz, an open-source Cytoscape plug-in for the visualization of flux distributions in networks. Install in combination with CySBML for full functionality.
* import of networks (SBML, GML, XGMML, SIF, BioPAX, PSI-MI)
* import of flux distributions in a variety of formats
* subnetworks based on flux carrying sub-network or arbitrary network attributes
* flexible mapping architecture for all visual attributes
* export of views in variety of formats (SVG, EPS, PDF, BMP, PNG)
* batch capabilities
* COBRA support
König M. and Holzhütter HG.,
Fluxviz - cytoscape plug-in for visualization of flux distributions in networks.
Genome Inform. 2010 Jul;24(1):96-103, [PMID:22081592](http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=PMID%3A%2022081592%20)
Methods like FBA and kinetic modeling are widely used to calculate fluxes in metabolic networks. For the analysis and understanding of simulation results and experimentally measured fluxes visualization software within the network context is indispensable. A usage case of FluxViz for the visualization and analysis of the metabolic network of the human hepatocyte can be found in .
1. Gille, Bölling, Hoppe, Bulik, Hoffmann, Hübner, Karlstädt, Ganeshan, König, Rother, Weidlich, Behre, Holzhütter, A metabolic network of the human hepatocyte to simulate liver functions, MSB, accepted 2010.